Poor rainfall, extremely low dam levels, as well as a hot and dry summer season, has increased our need to continuously save water. For us to make sure that we have enough water available in our dams for everyone in our province, we all need to do our part to use water sparingly and adhere to the water restrictions which are in place.
Revised water restrictions
Level 5 water restrictions include:
- No hosing down of paved surfaces with municipal drinking water.
- No irrigation/watering with municipal drinking water allowed.
- No washing of vehicles and boats with municipal water. (These must be washed with non-drinking water or cleaned with waterless products or dry steam cleaning processes.)
- No swimming pools may be topped up or filled with municipal drinking water.
- Use of portable play pools prohibited.
- Water features may not use municipal drinking water.
We can only achieve our water saving targets together. Every citizen must be water conscious, and determine the importance of their water needs in relation to the water shortages. If you have any questions about water restrictions in your area, you can contact your local municipality.